1. Workshops Attended:
2. Recent Publications:
1) Salwa Hamada, “Morphological analyzers”, The Morphological analyzers
experts meeting ,
2) Salwa Hamada, “Morphological analyzers evaluation”, The Morphological
analyzers experts meeting,
3) Salwa Hamada, “Translation Memory”, Arabization of Health Sciences Network (AHSN7)
5) S. Hamada, " Knowledge Representation for Text disambiguation", The Sixth Conference on Language Engineering, Organized by The Egyptian Society of Language Engineering (ESLE), December 6-7, 2006, Cairo, Egypt.
Hamada," Forms Of Ambiguity In Natural Languages, and
its Disambiguation”, The 4th
S. Hamada, "Forms of Ambiguity in Human
Languages", the Sixth Conference on Language Engineering, Organized by the
Egyptian Society of Language Engineering (ESLE), December 6-7, 2005,
9) S. Hamada,
"An approach for a Machine Translation Evaluation System (MTES)", Arabic
Languages Resources and Tools Conference, NEMLAR,
10) S. Hamada, S. Hamada, "Enriching lexical Knowledge with inter-word
based features", IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man and
11) S. Hamada, "Machine Translation as A Basic Stone in
Arabization", Language Engineering
12) S. Hamada, "Arabic language Under the Scope of Recent
Technology", Arabic tongue SOCIETY,
3. Co-author Publications
1) Adil Al Kufaishi, Salwa Hamada, " A PROPOSED MODEL FOR AUTOMATIC TEXTUAL DISAMBIGUATION ",Journal of Al Azher University Engineering Sector JAUES, Volume 4,2009.
2) Adil Al Kufaishi, Salwa Hamada, " A Proposed Translation Memory Tool for the Arabic Language (ATM) Tool ",Journal of Al Azher University Engineering Sector JAUES, Volume 4,2009.
Z. Mohamed, S. Hamada, " Building an Electronic Open-source Lexical Database
-Dictionary of the Digital Age ", IEEE – 2nd International
Conference on Open
Salwa Hamada, Nahed Abul-Hassan, " Improving
Tokenization of Clitics in Some Statistical Processing Tools for Arabic: AlwAw
Coordinating Conjunction as a Case Example", Computational Linguistics in
5) E. Abed, S. Hamada, N. Hegazy,” Ambiguity in Arabic Language processing”, The First Conference on Language Engineering, Cairo, Egypt, March, 14-15,1998, pp.262-271.
6) N. Hegazy, E. Abed, S. Hamada, ”Syntactic Analysis of written Arabic texts”, IASTED, Computer Application in industry, Cairo, Egypt, Feb. 1-3,1988,pp.28-31.
7) N. Hegazy, G.M. Ali, E. Abed, S. Hamada,” Arabic Expert System for Syntax Education”, Proceeding of the second Conference on Arabic Computational Linguistics”, Kuwait, Nov. 26-29-1989,pp. 596-608.
8) N. Hegazy, E. Abed, S. Hamada,” Knowledge Representation for Natural Language Arabic Text Understanding”, Proceeding on Electronic, Circuits & Systems, Cairo, Egypt, Dec 15-18,1997, pp. 478-482.
9) E. Abed, S. Hamada,” Intelligent Computer Based Instruction for Teaching Arabic Grammar”, Proceeding of CATE 96, Cairo, Egypt, March 18-20,1996,pp. 71-77.
4. publications IN International journals:
1) Salwa hamada, " Enrichment of lexical knowledge with inter-word based features ", IEEE Xplore journal, 2003,
2) Salwa HAMADA, ‘Some approaches for a Machine Translation Evaluation System (MTES)’, INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF TRANSLATION, 1749A/5, Gobindpuri Extension, 2008, www.bahripublications.com.
3) Salwa Hamada, " An approach for a Machine Translation Evaluation System (MTES)", Eyn Saudi Association of language and translation Journal , 2008, http://saolt.org/.
5. publications IN Arabic in Conforences:
Hamad, Salwa, 2007. "Towards a Suggested Proposal for
Corpuses Industry", The Seventh
Conference of the Language Engineering Society, 4- 5 Sep.
2) Hamad, Salwa, 2006. "The Role of Media in Fostering the Arabic Language" the Conference of Arab Tongue, the Arab League Headquarter, Cairo.
3) Hamad, Salwa, 2006. "Ambiguity in the Spoken Languages", The Fifth Conference of the Language Engineering Society, 14-15 Sep.
Hamad, Salwa, 2002. "Utilizing the Potentiality of Machine
Translation in Engineering Teaching", The Symposium on Arabizing
Teaching Engineering: Enhancing the Merits
Hamad, Salwa, 2000. "Preparing Arabic to Accommodate the
Upsurge in Information
Hamad, Salwa, 1999. "Our Obligation towards Arabic in the
6- Additional publications IN Arabic journals:
Hamada Salwa, 1999. "The
Hamada Salwa, 2007. "Information Representation for
Disambiguation", the Arabic
Journal of Science
Hamada Salwa, 2007. "Machine Translation as a basis for
Arabization", the Arabic
Journal of Science
Hamada Salwa, 2007. "A Perspective on Current Arabic
Textual Analysis", the Arabic
Journal of Science
6) Hamada Salwa, 2007. Textual Corpora, the Role Arabic Plays in processing them, WATA Translation and linguistic Journal, http://arabswata.info/mag4/Researches/2.html
Hamada Salwa, 2009. "A Perspective on Designing and
Building Arabic Corpora ", the Arabic
Journal of Science
7. Invitation Extended
An invitation extended by the
2) An invitation extended by Emir Sultan University in Saudi Arabia to deliver a lecture on Machine Processing of the Arabic language,2005.
3) An invitation extended by the Arab Cultural Club in Shariqa, the United Arab Emirates to deliver a lecture on the" Challenges Arabic Encounters in the Informatics Age", 2006.
4) An invitation extended as an expert by the Arabization of Health Sciences Network (AHSN7),
Receiving an award of honor of the
best Arab informatics researcher “al-Kindi” from The Syrian Computer Society,
2) Receiving an award of honor from the Board of the Language Engineering Society for a research paper entitled "Ambiguity and the Spoken Languages", 2006.
Membership of the Editorial Board of
the Arab Journal of Science and Computer Engineering,
Receiving a letter of thanks for the
rapid response and precision in assessment from Editorial Board of the Arab
Journal of Science and Computer Engineering,
5) An award of honor granted by WATA, No of Registration 8809, 1996 ISSN, 2008, http://arabswata.org/site/index.html,
6) A letter of
thanks from Read-Verse Company,
S. Hamada, The best research on the Arabic language,
"Machine Translation Systems, Study and Evaluation", Computer Science
Education and Practice in Arabic, AUC.
8) S. Hamada "Machine Translation as the basis for Arabization" , chosen as a language partners company reference center whitepapers, http://languagepartners.com/reference-center/whitepapers/catinto.htm
9) My name is mentioned in The "Survey of Arabic Language Resources in the Mediterranean Countries", NEMLAR, 2003.
10) My research papers are published in several Arabic sites among which are Arabistan, the Sudanese Satellite Station and the Eyes on the World.
9. Academic Supervision
1) Prof. Dr. Mohammed Hassan and Dr. Salwa Hamada, M.Sc. thesis entitled "A Lexicon", by Al Moataz Bilah Al Sayid, 2007,
2) Prof. dr. Ayman Al Dasuqi, Dr. Hala Hilmi, Dr. salwa Hamada and Muna Hafidh, PhD thesis, entitled "The Intelligent Representative in Teaching", the Colleague of Engineering, Nabha University, 2006.
3) Two M.Sc. theses and a PhD dissertation underway.
10. Topics published on the internet
Salwa Hamada, 2006, "A Spy in
our House", Arab Expatriates in
Salwa Hamada, "The Role of
Media in Upgrading Arabic", Arabic
3) Salwa Hamada, "The Arabic Language", the Youth Journal, The Scientific Research academy, 2003
4) Salwa Hamada, "the Communication Network for Arabic Survival", Arab Online, 2008
5) Salwa Hamada, "the Arabic Language under Modern Technological
Scrutiny, the avenue for updating",
6) Salwa Hamada, "A Simple Model for analyzing Arabic", Arab Online,
7) Salwa Hamada, "Arabic Translation Memory" ATIDA, the Society
of Arabic Translation and Cultural
Salwa Hamada "An Assessment of
Machine Translation Systems in the Arab Market by Applying a set of linguistic
tests", ATIDA, The Society Arabic Translation and Cultural
Salwa Hamada, "The
Communication Networks for Arabic Survival", the Dawn News,
10) A number of national poems published on a number of networks, the most important of which are Islam Online which published a poem entitled "the Arab Giant" 2002.
12. Research Areas
Working as an expert with the Arabization
Sciences Network (AHSN7),
2) A nomination by Dr. Kamal Bashir, the Head of the Arabic Academy and the Linguistic Professor of the Science College and the IBM consultant to me to receive the Kuwait Award for Scientific Research. 1989. The nomination was rejected due to young age.
3) A letter of thanks from Satar Company, Middle East Star for Translation for scientific excellence, 2002
4) A Medal from Al Maktum Charity Society for my work in the humanitarian and Islamic arena,2002.
5) A nomination for Arabic ALESKO Board membership made by the staff members, 1999.
6) A letter of thanks for academic excellence from Prof Dr. Josef Dishi, The Head of DIINAR Project, one of the biggest European Market Projects.
Working as a team member of THE RESEARCH group on the following Projects:-
1) Dictionnaire' Informatise de l'arabe, Multilingual et Base' sur Groups (DIINAR).
2) Extension and Integration of Arabic Ling ware Components in a Unification Based MT System.
Working as PIV researcher of the research group on following Project:
3) A Morphological Analyzer for the Arabic Language, a project chairperson, American Egyptian Partnership, 2004,
4) Working As an evaluator to some American Egyptian Partnership projects,2008.
5) Working As an evaluator to "Best Arabic morpological Analyzer" for the Arab League Educational Cultural and Scientific Organization (ALECSO) in Morpological Analyzer Workshop ,Syria, April,2009.
6) S. Hamada," An approach for a Machine Translation Evaluation System (MTES)", The European Conference on Combinatorial Optimization- ECCO, XVII, Beirut , June, 2004.
7) S. Hamada ,"Machine Translation", The First International Workshop for Teaching Informatics in Arabic , Tunisia, July, 2003.
8) An Invitation extended to me by the Alexandria Library as an expert to participate in the discussion of the first International workshops on "the Machine Processing of Natural Languages by using the language of the International Networks", 5, July, 2007
I received my PhD from the Computer Science